I believe in God. I believe there is definitely is a higher reason and power in this universe. If I did not believe I could not do the job I do. I see shitty people do shitty things and then raise their kids (and they seem to be the ones who reproduce the most) to be shitty people too. They justify their actions as the right thing through all sorts of fucked up thinking.
If I was an atheist and did not think there was a higher good, I'd say see ya. I'd go into making money. I'd make as much as I could; buy a nice pot of land on a lake in some mountains somewhere and isolate myself from morondom (SIC: the kingdom of morons). I'd fish and hunt and grow food as much as possible and get the rest from a nice country store far away from any city.
Why church is so valuable for me? I see the good, I see the people who do good. I get reminded that God works though people. I have never seen a miracle like the sea parting, but I have seen good people do good things. At work, yes....in church even more.
At work we have to be bad to people. We do not turn the other cheek. We have to fight and HAVE to win. We hurt people, we take away their freedom and in extreme cases end their lives. We see all sorts of messed up thinking and deeds. One gets to be very jaded and for a man that was already so...even more.
I go to church to be reminded that there is good somewhere and that God touches those who actually want to be touched. Without it, there'd be no balance.
No comments:
Post a Comment