Friday, June 8, 2012

The lost children

Men in America (probably the rest of the world) are fakers.  Cops are the worst offenders.  Men in America cannot show a tender thought or idea and not be ridiculed in many respects, so we don't share those things that break our hearts.  One huge thing that breaks my heart is children that have no chance.  It is made worse by my own loss and grief.  I have recently witnessed three events (two in the same day) that made my heart sink a little. 

Setting; another large event in the fine metro area and another large crowd of Juvenile/ young adults.  One young mother was pushing and umbrella stroller with a baby who looked no more than 12 months old.  She herself looked no more than 16.  The baby was not strapped in and was reaching up to be held and crying.  Momma was to busy macking on her future baby daddy to pay any attention.  The crowd was very large and potentially violent crowd (We did not have any major problems this day).  She was just walking and then saw a guy and walked away from the stroller.


First off.  What the FUCK are you doing taking that baby out later in the evening into a large crowd that lead to dozens of fights and a shooting last year.  Is going out and trying to get another dick more important than that baby.  If you got that baby hurt....but does she really care.  I do...I actually had to watch my baby ride in a box on a conveyor belt into a furnace.  Maybe she would if that happened too.  But she sure as shit didn't care enough to pick that baby up.  Sad

Next and more sick.  Older but not older than 30 couple fighting (in this crowd older means 22).  They knock their baby over out of its stroller and onto the street.  Medic is called to treat the scrapes and bruises the baby receives.  Again what the FUCK are you doing out here with that baby.  This is the crowd that lead to a shooting and dozens of fights last year.  (There were a ton of babies out there by the way not just these examples).  Second, your fight does not trump that baby's safety.

They both were black and young.  I am losing faith in our black community.  There is definitely truth to the family breakdown and fatherless child notion.  Being a father is not the same as being a sperm donor.  Having 14 children with 10 women doesn't mean you are a father unless you actually raise them  You are just a sperm donor.

DO NOT get me wrong.  I by no means think being black is the cause.  There is no one race that holds the trump card on better behavior over the other.  We all suck really.  But there is definitely a problem in the inner city black community, like it or not, with out of wedlock births and bad parenting.  Bill Cosby made that point in Come on People and was ostracised by his own community.  I am sure I'd just be called a racist.  That's a cop out and a deflection to avoid the argument.  If I were a racists it wouldn't hurt me to see another baby that has no chance in life thanks to it useless parents.

On another day I dealt with a different sadness.  This one was in the white community.  This was an older group 30's.  A male drug addict's conversation.....  We smoked meth all night.  Question to meth head.  Where was the baby.  Drug addict's answer.  We never smoke meth in front of the baby.  Question; where was the baby? Answer; In the bedroom.  Question.  Who was taking care of the baby while you three smoked meth.  Answer....Kate (methhead mother) I think...maybe Jenny (methhead's also methhead girlfriend)(names have been changed to protect the NOT innocent) I don't remember, but we never smoke in front of the baby.  Question, so when you left with Kate to commit this crime (Kate=Mother of baby) who stayed behind with the baby.  Jenny I guess I don't really know.  Jenny was mad I went out with Kate (Jenny=girlfriend of drug addict).  This is another baby that has no chance.  

This breaks my already broken heart.  There are many more incidents but these are recent.  You think that this job doesn't wear on a person you'd be wrong.  The "Strong" won't admit it does, but I will.  I'll also kick your ass if you call me weak...joke.  Without my personal loss I'd just be jaded.  With my loss it makes it hard no to just be sad.  I cannot save these children.  I don't care about the adults.  They have to save themselves, but the children have no control over their circumstances and I have no faith in DSS.  Haven't seen any good come from them.  Lord Help theses children.  I unfortunately can't I am only one man.

No comments:

Post a Comment